Tuesday 11 March 2014

Q&A with Nathan Wyburn. Great Roath Bake Off Judge & Artist

Nathan Wyburn shot to fame after appearing on ITV1 Britains Got Talent. He captured the attention of the judges by creating a portrait of judge Michael McIntyre made of toast & marmite.... Yes Nathan is 'That Guy'

Since then Nathan has gone on to create portraits of the worlds most famous faces in his own unique style. He has appeared on the Perez Hilton website and made numerous television appearances all over the world. Nathan who has recently signed his first book deal is a new addition to the Great Roath Bake Off judging panel. Here he takes time out to answer some questions about his carreer & upcoming role as Bake Off Judge.

Bake Off:How excited are you about judging this years bake off?

Nathan: I'm really thrilled to have been asked, food art is my and some of the creativity of the cakes Ive seen from last year is exceptional! 

Bake Off: Are you a sweet or savoury kinda guy? 

Nathan: I'm both, I love a great loaf of bread though! 

Bake Off: Who are you most looking forward to judging with?

Nathan: Owain is my buddy so that should be a hoot as he has experience with judging last years! Lauren harries should be great fun  as she's told me she's a fan of my marmite art, maybe I'll do her a portrait? And Chris needs I'm looking forward to meeting also! 

Bake Off:How much fun was the launch party?

Nathan: It was great fun! Cowboys galore! The entertainment was fantastic and that's just a taster (see what I did there) of what the bake off has in store! 

Rachel: I read you were creating something special for the bake off, can you tell us what your gonna do?

Nathan:I'm not 100% certain myself yet - possibly a GBBO presenter using various baking ingredients... I'll keep you all guessing on that one.

Mari: Hi Nathan what's your favourite cake? What do you like baking?

Nathan: I like baking scones, I love a good scone! My favourite kind of cakes are Lemon flavoured! 

Phil:Where's your favourite shop to buy cake?

Nathan: i actually quite like big trays of cheap birthday cake too haha! You know the huge trays you can get from supermarkets? Those! But if I had to choose I'd say M&S! 

JudithHi Nathan do you keep in touch with anyone from BGT luv Judith 

Nathan: YES! I often chat with Jai McDowall, the winner from my year 2011! His recent YouTube covers are brill & we may be working on a video together soon! Others from my year would be Ronan Park, Jessica Steel (who's on The Voice this year) & Jean Martyn! I've made a few good friends from other series & the X factor over the years too! It's great to share experiences and help each other out here & there! 

@sianmurphy_:  If you had to eat the same meal everyday for the rest of your life, what would that be? 🙈 #AskNathan

Nathan: Oh gosh..I do like a Chip Butty... That's really bad isn't it? Yeah, a Chip Butty! 

@foodmixer fresh or dried yeast? 

Nathan: I always prefer to buy fresh but they both have their advantages! 

Miss Sutton
Who's portrait would you most like to do?

Nathan: I'd love the Queens opinion on my portrait of her! And in the future I'd like to create portraits of some of my idols within art such as Andy Warhol, Vik Muniz & Chuck Close. 

Jade: do you remember me dancing on the tables last Friday night draped in an American flag?

Nathan:
Hahahaha I do yes.. Owain was too! I blame him. 

Stephen Davies: 
Will you be a mean judge? How will you tell people their cakes are awful

Nathan: Not mean no, I'll be as constructive as I can be when it comes to taste. I'm ultimately looking for great creativity, uniqueness & flare! 

Nia: 
Will you have your photo with me & can you make me a winner

Nathan
Of course we can have a photo! But sadly only you can make that happen, by being the best!! 

Nathan
What football team do you support?

Nathan: i don't watch football, sorry. 

1 comment:

  1. Can you tell us about the new book that you have in the makings?

    ReplyDelete